Monday, November 23, 2009

They're a blessing

I have fabulous kids. I like to think I had a lot to do with that fact, but really I think I'm just blessed. By the grace of God, I have kids who are, in general, polite, respectful, responsible, and helpful. Of course they have their moments, as all kids do, but fortunately theirs are relatively few and far between. Just wanna squeeze 'em!

It used to be that if you asked them to do anything that might be construed as 'cleaning', they'd protest with exponentially more effort than it would have taken to just do the task in the first place. But this past week, I asked both kids to do various 'chores', and they BOTH did them with nary a sigh of dissent. It almost makes me wonder if they have a cooperative agreement between them to get on my good list in the lead-up to Christmas. Almost, but not quite. Not even when combined with TWO instances of brushing one's teeth without being asked. Nope.

1 comment:

Motorcycle grandma said...

I've known it all along. They've practiced those behaviors in public and and are now putting them into use at home also. It's a mystery called "kidlets growing up"!!!! They are loving and caring and you know . . . the apples don't fall far from the tree!