Saturday, November 28, 2009

Bones

It's in its 5th season and I'm only just now getting truly sucked in. Until today, I'd really only watched it at the gym, reading the closed captioning subtitles while I was on the elliptical machine. But I happened to catch two back-to-back holiday episodes today. You miss so much vocal nuance by reading subtitles. It's a terrifically intelligent show, which makes me wonder how in the world it's survived this long.

Had to go to the Fox website and watch the available episodes.

Of course now that I'm hooked, it will probably be canceled...

ADDED SUNDAY MORNING: I realized this morning why the name 'Temperance Brennan' sounded so familiar to me. Ten years ago, I read the very first two Temperance Brennan books by Kathy Reichs when I was assigned to review the second one, Death du Jour, soon after it was released. Terrific books but a little on the intense side for my tastes at the time. Gonna have to dig through my shelves and re-read them.

1 comment:

Beaver said...

We love that show, too. Didn't know about it until we got cable last year. I mean, I knew David Boreanz had a non-vampire show, I just didn't know anything about it. Now, we watch as many re-runs as we can on TNT. NCIS reruns come on USA, sometimes at the same time--it's not fair! And as far as Fox canceling the show, you can bet on it. They always seem to cut good shows short (ex. Firefly).