Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So I'm a jackass

I'm feeling both wonderful and grumbly today. What is up with that?  I guess that might qualify as snarky?

I guess I'm just annoyed by the onslaught of quippy 'words of wisdom' in image form continually posted and reposted and reposted and reposted and reposted on Facebook. Six months ago when it was one person every other week, it was inspiring/cute/empowering/whatever.  I've even posted two myself, both in early August. Most were quotes from respected historical figures (like the Thoreau one I posted), or truisms about living within your means (like the other one I posted).  Now there are at least a dozen people in my news feed that post at least a dozen of these word pictures every stinkin' day.  Every once in a while, I admit, there are funny gems, but most of them are just silly, some even downright stupid.  Yes, I do hide some of those from my feed by hiding all photos from selected persons, but more and more people are posting them. Grr.

It got in my craw TODAY because a particularly idiotic one showed up in my feed four times. Something about haters and jackasses.  Whatever.  I sighed and skipped over it the first three times I saw it.  But the fourth time... Sorry Jeremy.  I couldn't let the fourth one slide by. Some people are haters for good reason.  I don't care how cute or rich he is, he has no business even pretending to backhand you and making you flinch.  And saying so doesn't mean I'm jealous, doesn't mean I'm trying to sabotage your relationship.  And a stupid quip equating 'hater' to 'jackass' doesn't make me a jackass.

I know it's meant as a joke.  Hahahaha. You're not a jackass whisperer. Get it? Hahahaha. OMG that's like so hilarious.

*ahem*

So! Today is gonna be a great day!  It's still raining, but the precipitation is much-needed, and it's supposed to clear up by noonish. We're gonna have to mow the grass! In January! Woot!  I've got a bunch of errands to run, then an OG meeting tonight, then (sshhhh) an audition, then rehearsal for Fiddler. Tech week is just three weeks away!  I'm feeling better than I have since before Christmas (hooray for clear snot!)--that alone is reason to smile.  Oh, and I'm caffeinated.  That's a bonus, too.

*singing* The halls are alive... with the sound of chihuahua snoring....

No comments: