Thursday, January 12, 2012

Foreign fotos

My name is in the paper!  Just a perfunctory mention, but kinda cool nonetheless.  It's a review of The Foreigner: http://www.keenestar.net/ci_19723441.

And while I'm at it, here are a few photos of my costuming handiwork.  You can find a few more on Plaza's blog, and still more on their Facebook page.  I made Froggy's British army uniform from scratch, including the rank and company patches on it. Except for, you know, the boots. And the beret. And the belt.  So just the shirt and pants, then. And the patch on the beret. Modified a sewing pattern to look more 'military-ish' and added tons of cargo pockets. And I think the uniform looks fabulous.

Also made a quick-change bow-tie for the character of Charlie. No pattern, just creativity.  The sweater-vest started life as a long-sleeved sweater.  Betty's apron started life as a curtain.

Overall, I truly had fun on this project!







No comments: