Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012 Goals

I waffle from year to year on whether setting New Year's resolutions or goals is a worthwhile endeavor.  Some years it seems like an important thing to do; other years it seems ridiculous.  Possibly has at least a little bit to do with what sorts of goals others around me set and if anyone inspires me one way or the other.    Here are my 2010 goals, inspired by my sister. Go ahead, check it out. I'll wait.....   Yeah.  Here's a two-years-later update:
1. Still can't park the truck in the garage.
2. I did find studio space elsewhere.
3. I did expand my business, but only created more bills.
4. That damned carpet is still there, as is the same gold paint.
5. Afghans still unfinished.
6. House still a wreck.

So. Only two out of six accomplished, and one of those didn't work out the way I'd hoped.

This year I have two Life Resolutions rather than New Year's Resolutions.  Both are maintenance resolutions--I'm already here, and I resolve to stay here.  But breaking them into one-year increments isn't a bad idea, so here they are:
  1. Continue to make sure my booty fits comfortably into my size 4 jeans.  Approaching 40, it's harder and harder to defy my genetic programming, but my skinny jeans shall prevail over my fat genes.
  2. Continue to find and claim my moxie.

And then I guess I have some general goals for 2012, nothing too lofty.

  1. Be more diligent about using coupons.  It's time-consuming, but ultimately worthwhile.
  2. Go for my yearly check-up for the first time in five years.
  3. Streamline.
  4. Grow out my hair.

I think I can handle these :)

No comments: