Friday, November 18, 2011

A whole mess of somethin'

I'm finding it exceedingly difficult to concentrate on anything today. As per my normal (and somewhat odd) stress-management strategy, I keep making lists.  At-Home Prep. Pre-Show. Intermission. Post-Show. Homeless costume. Greer costume. NYC costume. Perkins costume. Mansion curtain open/close times. Costume changes correlated with curtain duty.

ANNIE opens tonight!  To a sold-out crowd! Annnnnnd there will be details that I haven't rehearsed: props I haven't used, prop placement and timing that has changed, and curtain duty for a curtain that wasn't yet installed at my last rehearsal.  Another thing we didn't rehearse: The actor-greeting-line in the lobby after the show.  How the heck are we going to fit 34 actors in there and still let theatre-goers get through to the exit?  So a wee bit of trepidation, but mostly...

A WHOLE MESS OF EXCITEMENT!!

I'm honestly more nervous about Fiddler on the Roof auditions in ten days than I am tonight's performance.  Okay, so I did dream about not having enough time to don my NYC costume and having to go hat-less (GASP!!!!), but overall I'm very confident!

I'll update, hopefully with a pic or two, after tomorrow's matinee performance....

No comments: