Wednesday, November 30, 2011

FotR auditions and an Annie pic

This one's the rather easy wait--the wait to hear if we're invited to attend callbacks.  Sunshine and I auditioned for Fiddler on the Roof last night, and I think we both did a good job!  We went armed with CD's of our accompaniment music this time, to avoid another potential piano disaster.  Which was almost a bad call.  The CD player skipped for a few other auditioners.  And the pianist this time was much better.

Thankfully the CD player did fine for both Sunshine and me--yay!  I feel really good about my song (Popular, from Wicked--a tough one because the tune of the song is independent of the music, and because it has several different tempos and a few spoken parts).  It wasn't as good as I sing it in the shower, but it was still really good, especially for being nervous! Sunshine said one of our Annie castmates in the waiting area said 'Wow, she's really good!'

What I heard of Sunshine's Candle on the Water was wonderful, too!  We should hear by 9pm-ish tonight if we'll get to go to Saturday's callbacks.

EDIT 8:30 pm: Got the call! Callbacks are for the main roles (which are all older teens or adults), so Sunshine doesn't have to go but is still being considered for a role. She's going anyway, because we have to be there before 2pm for the afternoon performance, and it's too long of a drive to go all the way home to get her and drive all the way back.  So yay!  Very excited!

Okay, here's a pic from Annie.  This is the Hooverville scene, one of my favorites.  If you draw a big circle in the middle of the pic, I'm at the 3:00 position, in the gray hat and braids, looking to the left (my right).
Photo by Ginny Rodgers

No comments: