Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ragtime family affair

Much to all of our surprise, we were all called and offered parts in Ragtime :) Norseman will be a newsboy, Sunshine a person of New Rochelle, and I will be Kathleen, the Irish maid. What did I say about my ease with accents? And I've already twice proven I can be a terrific maid. I'm very excited to be doing another show with both my kiddos.

I can't lie, though. I'm still disappointed. But ever since Annie callbacks, I've known without a shred of doubt there's a Higher Plan. I needed Plaza this past year more than I possibly could have known I would. And thus far, the hardest disappointment paved the way for the biggest blessing. Not getting Adelaide was brutal, but now I see that if I'd gotten Adelaide, I wouldn't have gotten Ethel. And it turns out that I really needed Ethel. So I will trust that Higher Plan, trust the producers and directors, and play the best danged Irish maid I can.

With my amazing kids by my side. Yes, this will be a great show.

2 comments:

Beaver said...

Don't forget about that amazing Irish accent you can do. I sure hope the Christmas present has been a help. :)

Love you.

Stacey Greenawalt said...

Actually, I wasn't auditioning for anyone with an accent, so I haven't even consulted the Meier training yet. The accent was probably more Scottish, since I hear that one more frequently.

Kathleen has four or five lines, totaling about 25 words. So the accent won't be too difficult to perfect and maintain :)