Saturday, October 01, 2011

I think I'm gonna like it here

(That's a song from Annie, but still apropos)

I attended the first rehearsal this morning.  Oh thespians, how greatly I have missed thee.  It was wonderful to be around that many theater enthusiasts!  Mostly it was orientation: expectations, scheduling, costuming, policies, etc.  Some warm-up exercises, some improvisation, and a read-though of the script.  We were told that we cannot cut or color our hair, or get any new tattoos or piercings, without first consulting the director and producers.  She didn't say anything about adding to existing tattoos, so I think I can get away with adding water to the koi on my arm--it's hidden by short sleeves anyway >;-)  But adding turquoise to my blond chunk will have to wait.

Next rehearsal is Monday evening, and I'm eager to really dig in.  I'll have to miss this coming Wednesday and Saturday rehearsals because I will be photographing a wedding in another state, but after that I should be on hand for most rehearsals.

Also today:  Picked up a pair of very nice gray wool felt heels (3.5+ inches).  Might be able to wear them in the play, but even if not, I'm about 5'11" while wearing them.  Tall, lean, and fierce.  And I am embracing that fierceness lately.

1 comment:

Beaver said...

Glad you resurrected the blog! I think it's me living vicariously this time. Not that I wish the kids would grow up quickly or anything, but that I'm tabling some desires to get involved in musical theatre again until they're old enough to fend for themselves..

Love ya!