Tuesday, October 04, 2011

How does that head voice work again?

So I thought this Annie thing was going to be quite a drive for me, to and from rehearsals and performances.  And it is.  35-40 minutes in moderate traffic is a long commute when you're accustomed to a five-minute drive. But some of these folks are driving from Arlington.  In order to get to 7pm rehearsals, they have to leave by 5:30-ish and fight through rush-hour traffic...  O.o

I won't complain about my measly 35-minute drive.

But this does speak to the fact that A) Plaza Theatre Company is pretty dang special, and B) community theatre in this area is pretty sparse.  That folks would drive 50+ miles as many as five times a week to be involved with an admittedly FABULOUS theatre company is amazing.

Anyway, last night was the first singing rehearsal.  Just learning the songs, being assigned particular notes in harmony splits, etc.  Even with not singing singing for 20-years (radio-singalong and karaoke don't count) I think I held my own.  Definitely need to work on my range, though.  I haven't used my 'head voice' since I was standing on the risers with Red Raider Chorale.

Looks like I'll be in the Friday cast, which means I'll do Friday performances and one of the Saturday performances (not sure which one or if it varies). My 'double', Terrie, will do Thursday performances and the other Saturday performances.  So if you're planning to come see me (*high five*) and want to buy tickets way ahead, Friday is your best bet...

No comments: