Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thinking about Annie

Auditioning, that is.  For the musical production of Annie at Plaza Theatre Company in Cleburne.

For years I've attended live theatre performances and sighed wistfully, wishing I could get involved in dramatic performance again.  I was more than a little envious of my baby sister, who got to work with Theatre Tuscaloosa and appeared in The Music Man and How to Succeed in Business (Without Really Trying).  I made the twelve-hour drive for both shows so I could see her on stage while I sighed wistfully from the audience.

A few weeks ago, my mom took me to see Motherhood the Musical in Fort Worth.  Once again, I  vicariously soaked up every crazy minute of the show, and on the way home expressed my wish that we had a community theatre close by.

I guess my mom was listening and did a bit of research over the next week or so.  When we went over there today, she handed me a sheaf of papers she'd printed off the internet, with details about this little theatre in Cleburne.  As soon as I saw the audition info, I immediately thought (and said aloud) "I want to be Miss Hannigan!"

But it's been close to twenty years since I was involved in dramatic productions, if you don't count the kids' talent show acts LOL.  But as Norseman reminded me this afternoon, I wished a long time to get a tattoo, and was totally stoked when I finally did it!  And I said for years I wanted to pierce my nose and was stoked when I finally did it!  In other words, I should quit wishing and just do it!

No comments: