Friday, December 09, 2011

Skinny college dress....

Yesterday I dug a dress out of my closet, one I bought at goodwill in the spring of 1992 and wore often.  It's a green and white sleeveless sheath dress with flattering darts and not a smidgen of elastic.  As I remember, it fit just right if I remembered to suck in my itty-bitty belly pooch.  Yesterday when I found it, I held it up to my 20-years-later body and smiled, thinking "This thing probably still fits!"

Today, just for grins, I tried it on.

And it's way too big!
Like at least 2 sizes too big.
???

What the heck? No way, after 20 years and 2 kids, am I smaller now than I was in college.  I lost 5 pounds that year because I lived on the 6th floor and hated to take the cramped elevators thanks to claustrophobia, and subsisted on salads and Mt. Dew.

I'm a little more than an inch taller now than I was then. And I guess I weigh about the same as I did then. Can an inch of height really make that much of a difference?

No comments: