Monday, December 01, 2008

I hate cold

I hate cold, and by cold, I mean anything below 40 degrees. I did my time as a kid in New York, Alaska, Denver, Ohio, and Germany. Got all that youthful enthusiasm for frozen fingers and snotcicles out of my system. That's why I live in Texas. Texas is nice and warm and dry, and usually not very cold.

It's 32 degrees outside right now! For the record, that is NOT nice and warm.... Okay, by winter-in-Fairbanks standards, it's rather toasty, but for ME, it's dang chilly. It makes me dang thankful that I have a warm (if a bit drafty) house, fuzzy thermal socks, a grungy-but-warm sweater, and a huge cup of hot tea. *sigh*

This month's theme for NaBloPoMo is 'Thanks'. I'm not gonna commit to a post a day, but I'm sure I can find stuff--every now and then--to be thankful for that I can share!

Another thing I'm thankful for today, is that my older child had a good half-day back at public school. I had two and a half kid-free hours. I ran to the bank, spent some needed time doing PTA stuff at the elementary school, and didn't stress about needing to be home to prod older child to do his work. *sigh*

1 comment:

Beaver said...

I was going to ask how his first day back was. Glad that it was uneventful. :)